Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Monday, November 14, 2011

OUR STATELY USHER

I'm a fan of color. Perhaps that's one of the reasons I love Fall. Autumn has a stately quality about it, as if the earth were waiting for some important event. Have you ever walked in a wooded area during Fall and noted the quiet? As if the area were silently biding its time--but, for what? For whom?
Perhaps, for you. Who else would Nature want to show off for than for someone who appreciates her beauty enough to stop and take the time to look around? Notice the echos made by animals scurrying around preparing for Winter. And breathe. Don't you love the aroma of Fall? The season brings forth a richness of hues, feelings, smells and sounds.

It evokes images of apples, pumpkins, gourds and corn stalks. One can almost taste the tang of apple cider. Smell gingerbread baking. Hear Canadian geese honking their way South. And sense leaves silently rustle from branches to ground.

2 comments:

Chrissy Peebles said...

Oh my gosh! These colors have inspired me! I love them! Such beautiful pics! I love pumpkins, apples and corn stalks too. The kids love going through the corn mazes and playing in the leaves. This season is just amazing! I joined your blog Vonnie. I'm so glad we have a chance to connect!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Chrissy, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I hope you'll stop by Vintage Vonnie often.