Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Merry Christmas from my Heart to Yours...


Ornaments dangle from our tree, my collection of snowmen grace every available surface and gifts are wrapped. Our house is filled with the aroma of cookies baking and cinnamon candles burning. Mistletoe hangs from the doorway. Our favorite Christmas music floats from the stereo. We are ready to celebrate the birth of Christ.


This is also the time of the year when we reflect and rejoice at all that's happened to us in 2011. Both Calvin and I had books published. I have contracts for 2 more. We traveled to The Wild Rose Press's writers' retreat in North Carolina. Calvin turned 80 and had a lovely visit with his son, who flew in from Germany. I lucked out with a cancer diagnosis--the cancer was contained within the cyst. Even though I still have no feeling in my left cheek and ear, I hold onto hope feeling will return. If it doesn't, I am still cancer free and I embrace that diagnosis. Our grown children are well and working. The grandkids remain our joy.


I send wishes for a warm, loving and fun-filled Christmas and sincere hopes for a healthy happy 2012. Hugs, everyone and thank you for enriching my life. I adore you all.

No comments: