Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

PEC PUMP OF LOVE, BABY

There's "something" about The Rock. His smile, perhaps. His muscles, for sure. His ability to poke fun at himself, oh yeah. Everytime I see him do the "Pec Pump of Love," I laugh outloud. If you haven't seen it, here's the link. Unfortuately you have to sit through a commerical before you get to the good stuff:
http://www.cambio.com/2012/02/09/the-rocks-pec-pump-of-love/

Have you seen his tat? Large and excessive, just like him.
Even though I am woefully out of shape, I enjoy a man who takes care of himself. We joke about man candy, but men have been oogling the feminine form since paintings on caves. Now it's our turn. Yay us!

I have a son who's into Natural Body Building. Before competing, he has to undergo blood and urine tests and often a lie detector test as officials serch for banned substance abuse. During the day, each competitor has to do a series of poses that showcase each muscle group. At night, each competitor does a routine, choreographed to music.

When each walk out on stage, you have no idea the sacrifice, the twice-daily workouts and calorie counting each contestant has endured. Then there is the body shaving, the painting on of tanning dye, the gluing of the family jewels into their banana hammocks, as their briefs are called, and finally the spraying down with Pam for that glossy look. Here's a link to his Thriller routine. What a fun way to showcase the muscles! Think engineers are staid and boring? Not always.

http://youtu.be/-x7pr-KVnXg

10 comments:

Calisa Rhose said...

That was GREAT!!! Lmao Vonnie, that was a laugh and so fun! But impressive, too. He's great! I havta ask, was that you laughing and wooting? :-P

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Busted!!! You know Mom's always the loudest. LOL As a kid he was a skinny, frail asthmatic. We practically lived in the ER. I take great delight in how strong he is now.

Lynne Marshall said...

Oh, Vonnie, too funny. I have a good laugh everytime I see the commercial for The Rock's current movie where the does a pec pump and the boy in the movie throws a rubber ball at his chest. He hits a home run bouncing that ball off his pecs!

As with writing, anything with achieving takes a lot of sacrifice and hard work. I'm glad to know these guys can no longer take the easy way out with steroids!

Thanks so much for sharing this fun video. Pec power rules! for men and women :)

Maeve Greyson said...

OMG! What a way to start my day! Thanks Vonnie!!! :-)

Diana Layne said...

Um...I'm simply speechless. A whole new world! LOL

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Lynne, I love the pec pump of love, just 'cause it's so outrageous. I can see a man doing it privately for his lady, but never in public which makes the Rock's doing it so much more comical.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Hi Maeve, I bet Jasper could do his own rendition on the pec pump. Thanks for stopping by.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Diana, you should see the female body builders do their routines in stillettos and sequined thongs. Boggles the mind.

Lilly Gayle said...

I love Dwayne Johnson. His Pec Pop makes me laugh. And even though my girls are grown, I watched The Tooth Fairy just to see him in that tutu. I love a man who can laugh at himself. And he's so easy on the eyes too.

Most of those male body builders look great. It takes tremendous dedication to look that way. I know you're proud of your son!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Yes, Lilly, considering how skinny and weak he was at the age of 6 because of asthma and several bouts of pnuemonia. He's worked hard to overcome. As for The Rock, he's just the cutest thing.