Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

ASKING JENNIFER EATON "IF YOU COULD..." by Vonnie Davis

As so often happens when one is on a whirlwind book tour, my guest today said she couldn't think of another blog topic. Could I just send her some interview questions--even a quirky interview would be a welcome relief, she claimed. Well, thinks I, I can certainly do quirky! And so I sent lovely author Jennifer Eaton a short list of questions.

If you could…

1.   If you could go out to eat tonight, where would you go? What would you have to eat?  OOOOooo I just love me some crab legs, let me tell you!  I grew up in a shore town where you could always get great seafood.  Unfortunately, Hurricane Sandy wiped out both those restaurants.  Captain George in Williamsburg, Virginia serves up some pretty good crab too, but it’s a little far to go for a dinner date.

2.   If you could have lunch tomorrow with 3 women—past and present—whom would you choose? And why them? Hmmm.  Good question.  1. Michelle Obama.  I think she’d be fun to talk to.  She seems down to earth and in such a great place to make a difference in people’s lives. 2. Joan of Arc.  I love a girl who keeps true to herself but can still kick a guy’s butt. 3. Hmmm.  I’m actually sitting here and thinking this over like it might actually happen… and I’m in a toss-up between Cleopatra and Madonna – and both for the same reason – but I’m keeping it to myself.

3.   If you could get a pedicure tomorrow, would you choose passion red, hot pink, mango, cobalt blue or black satin? How about a nice soothing mango – but you’ll have to knock me out first because I HATE it when anyone touches my feet.  Ick!

4.   If you could have one new piece of jewelry, would you choose a gold and diamond toe ring, a turquoise dream-catcher naval ring, or a silver and black pearl nose ring? Huh?  If those are my only choices, I’m going jewelry free, thank you very much. No No No!  Geeze, I sound conservative.

5.   If you could change one thing about your body, what would it be? My Boobs.  Like Jill in “Connect the Dots”… What God gave-eth in brains he took-eth in curves.

6.   If you could write one historical romance, what era and country would you choose?  You know what?  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a historical Romance about Ancient Egypt.  Someone should do that.  It probably won’t be me… but yeah, it might be fun to go there.

7.   If you could write one romantic suspense, would your villain be your heroine’s lesbian ex-lover, your hero’s warped sister who’s hot for his bod, your heroine’s perverted landlord, or a band of rogue parrot-shifters? Dang, where do you come up with these things, girl?  Rogue parrot-shifters for sure.  There are just so many fun places you could go with that.

8.   If you could spend the day writing, would you use a cheap pen and a notebook, or a feather pen, ink well and vellum, or a laptop where the letter “t” often sticks? Hmmm… Normally I would say laptop, but if I have a sticky key I might chuck the thing and have nothing, so I think a cheap pen and paper might be a safer choice.

9.   If you could write a series would it be more like Nancy Drew, Twilight or Janet Evanovitch’s Plum series? Ummm, I gotta admit I don’t know who the last one is.  If I’m gonna devote myself to a series, there would probably be a little romance like Twilight, but I’d like a less annoying heroine.  There would also be action, adventure, and explosions!  No mystery, though.  I really don’t like mystery “whodunit”-like stuff.

10.                If you could change three things about our Universe, what would they be? 1. I wish Jupiter could be closer without messing up the flow of the solar system.  It would be cool to be able to see Jupiter in the night or day sky.  2. I wish Hate didn’t exist.  If there were no hate, only love, what a different world we would live in. 3. And I wish there were no big nasty rocks out there in space that could crash into unsuspecting planets and kill all the dinosaurs (although we might not be here if they didn’t exist.)  Hmmmm.  Not sure about #3.

11.                If you could look five years into the future and state your writing accomplishments by the end of 2017, what would they be? At the end of 2017, I will be known as a powerhouse cross-genre novelist, with best sellers in Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, and Christian Romance with many novels and novellas that are a hybrid of the four. I will also still be actively connecting with people and helping them become better writers, because the world is a better place with more stories in it.

 
Yay! I got through the quirky interview and survived!  Thanks so much, Vonnie, for the escape from the “same old” interview.  This was a lot of fun!
 
Jennifer Eaton lives on the East Coast USA with her husband, three boys, and a pepped up poodle.  She hosts an interactive website www.jennifermeaton.com aimed at making all writers the best they can be. 
 
Her Dystopian novelette “Last Winter Red” is available as part of the “Make Believe”Anthology from J.Taylor Publishing. Her Christmas Romance “Connect the Dots” is available as part of Still Moments publishing’s “For the Love of Christmas” Anthology. Both are available in ebook format from Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com and Smashwords.

 
Last Winter Red:  In search of a husband, Emily leaves the safety of the city and risks her life stepping into the outside world.  What she finds there will question the foundations of everything she believes in.

Connect the Dots:   Jill has no idea what she wants for Christmas, but when it looks like her best friend Jack is going to get exactly what he asks for, Jill makes a Christmas wish that will change both of their lives forever. 

Twitter:  @jennifermeaton

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5832197.Jennifer_M_Eaton

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jennifer.m.eaton.3


5 comments:

Unknown said...

THank you so much for having me! It's been great fun!

Jinny B said...

You are so right, little did Jennifer know just how quirky our Vonnie could be! I'm still laughing at the questions and the answers Vonnie! And Jennifer, thanks for fielding some very...er....quirky, yes thats it, quirky questions! You're a brave soul!

Linda Carroll-Bradd said...

Quirky it was, but provided insight into Jennifer as a person and a writer.

NancySGoodman said...

What a fun interview!!! Love the questions and it was great to see another side of an author.

Nancy

Angela Adams said...

Maybe I've been drinking too much Holiday eggnog, but I thought they were great, insightful questions.

By the way, great covers on Jennifer's books!