Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Star From Author Amie Louellen ~ Vonnie Davis

Amie Louellen, author of endearing romantic comedies like TEN REASONS NOT TO DATE A COP--an awesome read, by the way because I loved, loved, loved her hero, sigh folks, just sigh--has nominated this blog for its fourth star. Thank you, darlin'. Amie is one of those genuine, down-to-earth people who takes time out from her busy day to write you a long, lovely note of explanation or encouragment in response to a question you've asked her. She's done that for me several times and I value not only her opinion, but also her friendship. If you haven't been to her blog yet, please visit to get a taste of her warmth and humor. http://amielouellen.com/blog/


This award is unlike other awards that you can only add to your blog once. This award can be updated with additional stars. For every time your blog is nominated, you get to add an additional star.

There are a total of “6” stars to collect. Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs—and even if they have already been given the award by someone else—you can still make your opinion count and pass it on to them again and help them (or me) reach the maximum of “6” stars.




The rules of the award are simple:

1. Select the blogs you think deserve the 2012 Blog of the Year Award.

2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen—there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required and present them with this award.

3. Please include a link back to this page: Blog of the Year Award. http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-rewards/blog-of-the-year-award/ and include these rules in your post. (Please don’t alter the rules or the badge!)

4. Let the blogs(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the rules with them.

5. You can now join our Facebook page – click the link here. ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award (http://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/) and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.


Here are the blogs I've chosen to receive this award:

AJ Nuest at http://ajbooks.blogspot.com/ When I think of AJ, a vision of a hot-pink-whirlwind comes to mind. She has all this energy she freely doles out to everyone. And the girl can come up with one-line zingers that make me laugh out loud. As a writer, editor and friend, she's phenomenal. I just love her to pieces. She is constantly encouraging others and helping them strive for more. If success could be heaped on a person's head as a reward for all they've done for others, AJ would have an abundance of it.

http://laverneclark.blogspot.co.nz/ is the blog of a warm and engaging New Zealand author, LaVerne Clark. She, too, is a very supportive person, always encouraging others. I value her highly and simply adore her sweet spirit. I know without a doubt, she'll always be in my corner; how does one quantify  a person like that? You can't. You simply cherish them. Her blog is always open to other authors. If you haven't read her gripping AFFINITY, you're missing out. Truly.

I think my favorite historical author is fellow Virginia resident, BethTrissel. Her blog, http://bethtrissel.wordpress.com/ is a wealth of well-researched historical facts. I first met Beth through the Virginia Romance Writers and it was her devotion to The Wild Rose Press that led me to submit. But, folks, it was her crisp prose that reached out and plucked the heart-strings of my soul. Her writing, at times, is almost lyrical. She literally takes you to whatever era she's writing about. I can't praise her writing enough, and if you visit her blog and read over her posts, you'll see what I mean.

1 comment:

LaVerne Clark said...

Oh, Vonnie. Thank you so much for nominating me!! And for saying such lovely things too :) I think you're beyond wonderful my lovely American friend. xxx