I’m thrilled to receive this blogging award from talented writer and friend, Calisa Rhose. I can’t think of a better way to ring in the New Year on Vintage Vonnie than to honor Calisa. This is a woman who consistently opens her blog, also known as the ranch, at http://www.calisarhose.wordpress.com as a place for other writers to promote. In addition to interviewing other writers, she also does cover, banner and video reveals to pay forward to other authors.
We met online via the yahoo loops for authors with The Wild Rose Press. She’s fun, interesting and talented…and knows how to sit a horse. Whereas I know how to sit a recliner, but we don’t need to go there. She also possesses a heart as big as I hope mine will be one day. If she knows you, she loves you. How lucky for her family, whom she loves without reserve. She’s fabulous.
This award is unlike other awards that you can only add to your blog once. This award can be updated with additional stars. For every time your blog is nominated, you get to add an additional star. How cool is that?
There are a total of “6” stars to collect. Which means that you can checks out your favorite blogs—and even if they have already been given the award by someone else—you can still make your opinion count and pass it on to them again and help them (or me) reach the maximum of “6” stars.
The rules of the award are simple:
1. Select the blogs you think deserve the 2012 Blog of the Year Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen—there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required and present them with this award.
3. Please include a link back to this page: Blog of the Year Award. http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-rewards/blog-of-the-year-award/ and include these rules in your post. (Please don’t alter the rules or the badge!)
4. Let the blogs(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the rules with them.
5. You can now join our Facebook page – click the link here. ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award (http://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/) and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
And now it’s my turn and a thrill to pay this honor forward by giving the award to the following bloggers:
Angela Adams blogging at http://www.authorangela.blogspot.com/ Here’s a lady—and I mean that in every delightful meaning of the word—who loves promoting other writers. She reviews many books and stories on her blog. I met her through RWA’s online site, From the Heart Romance Writers. She’s truly a delight, full of encouragement and support.
Then there’s delightful, spirited Mackenzie Crowne blogging at Mad Mac’s Mania, found at http://mackenziecrowne.com/wp/ . Mac and I met on The Wild Rose Press’s yahoo loop. We refer to it as The Garden—not a thorn in the bunch. Mac is like sunshine in a jar of honey. She’s talented and, in my opinion, an up and coming romance writer. I just love her style. I love the design of her blog and get serious blog envy every time I visit, which is often. Her blog is as open to visitors as her heart is to more friends.
I don’t want to forget another up and coming author, Rachel Brimble. Rachel blogs from her home in England at http://rachelbrimble.blogspot.com/ We also met in The Garden and are now represented by the same agent. Rachel has opened her blog to me several times and also to my husband, Calvin. She’s full of energy and encouragement.
THANKS TO THE THREE OF YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY JOURNEY AS A WRITER THESE LAST COUPLE YEARS. ENJOY YOUR BLOG OF 2012 AWARD.