Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm Having DejaVu and So Are You!

If you're a regular visitor to my blog, you're probably thinking didn't Vonnie just post this? In a way, yes, but this post includes an additional star. **SQUEE!** You see, I'd nominated the talented Sarah Grimm for Blog of the Year Award, and when she chose her blogs to nominate, mine was included in her list.

Sarah's like that, you know--personable, supportive and very appreciative of people in her life. I count myself as being very blessed to be included in her circle of online writing friends. So, believe me when I say she has this marvelous ability to write deep emotion. Emotions so sensually thick they wrap around you like a plump down comforter, making you hate to reach the story's end where you'll have to leave the warmth of the comforter to step into the often cold reality of life. Sarah's blog is http://www.authorsarahgrimm.blogspot.com/ Stop by to visit her. Get to know her, if you don't already.

This award is unlike other awards that you can only add to your blog once. This award can be updated with additional stars. For every time your blog is nominated, you get to add an additional star.

There are a total of “6” stars to collect. Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs—and even if they have already been given the award by someone else—you can still make your opinion count and pass it on to them again and help them (or me) reach the maximum of “6” stars.



The rules of the award are simple:

1. Select the blogs you think deserve the 2012 Blog of the Year Award.

2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen—there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required and present them with this award.

3. Please include a link back to this page: Blog of the Year Award. http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-rewards/blog-of-the-year-award/ and include these rules in your post. (Please don’t alter the rules or the badge!)

4. Let the blogs(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the rules with them.

5. You can now join our Facebook page – click the link here. ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award (http://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/) and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.

Here are the blogs I've chosen to receive this award:


SUSAN MACATEE is one of my favorite historical authors. I love that she's so generous in sharing the fruits of all her historical research from corsets to button hooks to medical practices of the day. Mention history to Susan and she is instantly your friend. She's an expert on the Civil War era, a time I've always loved reading about. Her blog-- http://susanmacatee.wordpress.com/ --is always an interesting place to visit to get your 19th century historical fix.

http://chickswagger.com/ I love the way these young chicks think! Simply love it! Their blog is a fresh-air dose of reality infused with sass, snark and sixty feet of attitude. I've yet to read a blog post at Chick Swagger that didn't make me both laugh and look at things in a fresh light. Simply love these writers and their take on life--MISTY DIETZ, JOSIE MATTHEWS, RACHAEL SLATE, RENEE ANN MILLER and JODIE ROPER. If I were thirty years younger, I'd get down on my arthritic knees and beg--BEG!!--these chicks to let me swagger along with 'em.

For a couple years now, JENNIFER JAKES blog -- http://authorjenniferjakes.blogspot.com/ -- has been my go to spot on Monday mornings. Her Man Candy Monday feature has made me drool more than I should admit. Sigh, folks, simply sighhhhhh. One of the many things I love about Jennifer, other than her writing talent, is her selfless promotion of other writers. She's had me guest on her blog several times. Jennifer has written one of my favorite heros of all time. Rafe's Redemption, y'all. Just sayin'...

1 comment:

Calisa Rhose said...

Congrats on another star, Vonnie! And I know that two of the three you've selected are fabulous blogs. I'm sure all are great choices!