Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Reads Blog Hop

 
Welcome to the Summer Blog Hop! Put on your flip-flops and bathing suits, slather on the sunscreen, and get ready for a great summer of reading. Thanks to Cody Gary of Avon Romance for starting this round robin blog hop.  My hostess is Charlene Raddon.

Each author answers five questions about his or her latest release and current WIP. They also post a recipe… hopefully pertaining to their work. Then each author invites five more authors to participate and links them all together.

One lucky commenter will receive her choice of one of my books from my back list and a $5 gift card for Amazon or B&N. So be sure to leave a comment with contact information.


1. When writing, are you a snacker? If so, sweet or salty?
From time to time, yes. I think it's because I don't eat lunch. So, I have two snack sessions instead. Whether they are sweet or salty depends on my mood.

2. Are you an outliner or someone who writes by the seat of your pants? And are they real pants or jammies?
My characters won't speak to me if they see an outline. And why should they? No one likes to be put in a box or relegated to a line. So, having learned that the hard way, I am a pantser who wears either caftans or real pants when she writes.

3. When cooking, do you follow a recipe or wing it?
I wing it. I've been cooking since I was in elementary school. I know what spices or herbs tastes best with this or that. I don't make things from a box; I'm a cooking from scratch kind of person. I love being creative whether at my laptop or in my kitchen. Although I have to admit that the more I write, the more we eat out so I can keep on writing.

4. What is next for you after this book?
I'm writing a contemporary cowboy romance now--Beneath Montana's Sky. When I'm through with it, I suppose I'll have edits for my paranormal with Random House. I also want to write a sequel to Storm's Interlude about a surprise family member no one knew about.

5.  Last question … on a level of one being slightly naughty and ten being whoo-hoo steamy, how would you rate your book?
Most of my books are seven's, maybe an eight. I do have two novellas releasing soon that are two's. Rain is a Love Song is an eight.

OTHER BLOGS TO VISIT FOR THIS BLOG HOP:http://www.jeshays.com/
http://www.wittyonlineeditor.com
http://vintagevonnie.blogspot.com/
http://www.sarathreesuns.blogspot.com

MY RECIPE:


CHILLED BEAN SALAD:

Drain one can each of red kidney beans, black beans, northern beans, and cannoli beans and place in bowl.

Add can of diced tomatoes--do not drain.

Chop green and red peppers and red onion (I only use half of each item). Chop a clove of garlic and fresh parsley, if you have it. Add these items to the beans.

Pour Zesty Italian salad dressing over the beans. Begin with 1/4 cup of the dressing. You'll want the bean mixture to be well-moistened, but not drowning in salad dressing. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.

Great served with grilled meats when it's too hot in the summer to cook.

4 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

You are invited to follow my Christian blog

A.L.M. said...

Hi I'm Ana from Blogginup.com.

Blogginup is a website that allows users follow content of blogs.

The user can follow your content every day and label the post or blogs and sort them.

I invite you to come and add your blog in less than 1 minute and start having your own followers to follow your blog.


*How its works: http://youtu.be/BVM-eweaRmY


English version blogginup.com/en/

Best Regards!

Anonymous said...

Nice page and good blog.

Unknown said...

Just bought it Vonnie! :)
You know I love what you do!
Georgie