Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

I'm Blessed and I'm Thankful

If I were to count my blessings, I wouldn't know where to start. Not that I'm wealthy or beautiful or living in a mansion. What I am is rich in love, abundant with friendships--online and in person, healthy, except for diabetes and migraines, and making strides in my writing career. I'm married to a man I adore and respect who has helped me achieve a lifelong dream. My family is healthy and doing well. Our house, while a tad cluttered right now, is warm and our Camry runs. My Kindle is loaded and so are my bookshelves. Like I said, I am blessed.

Yet, there are some things I'd like to have.

Like child predators behind bars, preferably in the same cells as those rich scoundrels who steal retirement and savings from ordinary working folks--not that I'm a vengeful person, mind you. I'd like as much money spent on educating children as spent on killing young adults in war. And I'd like a rapid public transportation system over the US, for I'd like to get to my friends and family quicker without hours and hours spent on the highways. Yup, I am a dreamer.

But mostly I'm grateful. For I am blessed. You're here reading my blog right now. My words. My thoughts. For that I'm grateful. For that I'm handing out hugs. From my heart to yours--Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: