Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Friday Friends -- Rachel Brimble

I've got my good friend and former critique partner, Rachel Brimble, here today on Friday Friends.  She is part of my street team and I'm part of hers. Rachel, please tell us a bit about yourself and where you live.

Hi Vonnie! I live near the famous city of Bath, England with my husband of 18 years, our two teenage daughters and newly adopted chocolate Labrador, Tyler. When I’m not working, I like to read, knit and watch far too much TV.

I write mainstream romance and romantic suspense for Harlequin Superromance (Templeton Cove Stories) and Victorian romance for eKensington/Lyrical Press.

You’ve had a hard year, losing a beloved pet. Has a new one captured your heart?

He has! When I lost Max in February 2015, part of me died with him. He wasn’t only my dog, he was my third child and I was absolutely distraught. Losing him made me realize that at nearly 42, I was lucky enough to not have experienced real grief…

A friend saw how much I was struggling and suggested I try a dog fostering service – I was apprehensive; scared of getting close to a dog again but eventually took the plunge. I met up with a lovely couple, owners to a year-old chocolate Lab. The dad has Parkinson’s and all too soon the mum had a heart scare. They asked me if I would adopt Tyler, which of course, I agreed to do! The arrangement is perfect in that Tyler lives permanently with us but his other mum and dad can have or see him whenever they like. Tyler is a big part of our family already!

We all love hearing a good romance story. Tell us how you met Mr. B. He sings, doesn’t he? Does he ever sing to you?

Haha! I get asked if he sings to me A LOT! He doesn’t sing directly to me, but our house is always filled with either Mr. B at the piano and singing or our youngest daughter, who wants to be involved in musical theatre. They are both extraordinarily talented! Mr. B and I were friends before we started dating…both saying we don’t want to get into anything serious. Twenty-three years later, we’re still happy and very much in love. I’m a lucky girl!

You’re a writer of two genres. Please tell us about them.

It’s a dream come true to be able to write the romance genres I love for two different publishers. When I wrote Finding Justice, the first book in my Harlequin series, it was my hope that it was the start of an ongoing small-town romance series. Luckily, my fabulous editor saw the potential and I have just signed another contract, which will take the series to eight books so far. All the books can be read stand-alone and I pray that the ideas keep coming because I’m not ready to leave Templeton Cove just yet!

I also write Victorian romance for Kensington and my total is up to four novels, including my latest release, Her One True Love. I love all things historical so would like to try different eras in the future – watch this space!

 What is your latest book about?

 
Her One True Love is a story of self-discovery for both my hero and heroine – Jane featured as a secondary character in my previous book, What A Woman Desires. Although the books can be read stand-alone, every time she appeared on the page I knew she needed her own book and Her One True Love was born!

The story takes Jane and her hero, Matthew, from their small village of Biddestone to the exciting city of Bath where they both have the opportunity to think past their commitments at home and start to see a new life…and each other.

What are you working on now? What exciting turns is your career taking?

I have just finished the first three chapters and synopsis for Harlequin book 7 which I will be sending to my US agent today. As well as that, I recently signed the first book in an Edwardian series, based on the first three chapters, to an agent here in the UK so I’m desperately trying to finish the book. The quick signing came as an unexpected and pleasant surprise!

She plans to pitch the book at the London Book Fair in April so I am super-excited! Fingers crossed, a publisher will be interested and see the book as the start of an exciting new series.

 
 
 
 
 
 
She Can't Forget Him…

Jane Charlotte Danes has loved the squire of her idyllic country town for as long as she can remember. He is good, kind, and alluring beyond words… and he chose to marry another. Tired of dwelling on her futile longings, Jane plans a move to Bath, where she dreams of a new beginning. But the man who has so imprisoned her heart is only a few steps behind…

He Can't Let Her Go…

Until now, Matthew Cleaves has endeavored to meet the responsibilities of his position with dignity and good spirits--including his dutiful marriage. But when his wife leaves him for another man, Matthew is at last free to pursue his one true love. Only one vital question remains: will the captivating, stubborn, beautiful Jane allow him the challenge, and the pleasure, of winning her back? 




 
Rachel is a member of the Romantic Novelists Association and Romance Writers of America, and was selected to mentor the Superromance finalist of So You Think You Can Write 2014 contest. When she isn’t writing, you’ll find Rachel with her head in a book or walking the beautiful English countryside with her family. Her dream place to live is Bourton-on-the-Water in South West England.
She likes nothing more than connecting and chatting with her readers and fellow romance writers. Rachel would love to hear from you!
Links:
 

2 comments:

Rachel Brimble said...

Thanks for having me here today, lovely lady! Looking forward to chatting with your visitors :D

Angela Adams said...

Hi, Rachel,

Glad to have the opportunity to catch up with you.