Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Two Stars From New Zealand by Vonnie Davis

There's a lovely, talented young star in New Zealand who writes the most imaginative stories. Her name is LaVerne Clark, and she sent me my fifth star today by nominating Vintage Vonnie for Blog of the Year. I'm thrilled, but first, let's go back a minute to my remark about her writing the most imaginative stories. Folks, this author thinks on a very deep level. Have you ever wondered how the atomic bomb dropped over Japan might have altered the genes of some of the survivors? That perhaps they now possess special powers? Not I. My mind doesn't think like that. Thankfully hers does or I wouldn't have had the chance to read Affinity. Check out LaVerne's blog at http://www.laverneclark.blogspot.co.nz


This award is unlike other awards that you can only add to your blog once. This award can be updated with additional stars. For every time your blog is nominated, you get to add an additional star.

There are a total of “6” stars to collect. Which means that you can check out your favorite blogs—and even if they have already been given the award by someone else—you can still make your opinion count and pass it on to them again and help them (or me) reach the maximum of “6” stars.




The rules of the award are simple:

1. Select the blogs you think deserve the 2012 Blog of the Year Award.

2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen—there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required and present them with this award.

3. Please include a link back to this page: Blog of the Year Award. http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-rewards/blog-of-the-year-award/ and include these rules in your post. (Please don’t alter the rules or the badge!)

4. Let the blogs(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the rules with them.

5. You can now join our Facebook page – click the link here. ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award (http://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear/) and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.



Here are the blogs I've chosen to receive this award:

http://maevegreyson.blogspot.com/ I love Maeve Greyson's books. She takes a bit of Scotland, a bit of muscled brawn, a bit of magic, throws it into her magic culdron of talent and stirs with her own brand of delightful humor and **POOF** she's got another winner. But beyond all that, I just love Maeve, the woman. And I thoroughly enjoy her blog.

http://carolineclemmons.blogspot.com/ I've stated many times how I feel about history, the beauty of the West and cowboys. Caroline Clemmons loves those things, too, and her blog is a font of information. I lurk there often to learn something historical. She's very supportive of other authors and does great interviews, too. Have you read Home Sweet Texas Home? Artfully written, folks. And I confess to being in love with her cat, Sebastian. He's gorgeous.

http://blog.rolynnanderson.com/ Rolynn was a recent guest here. I just love her to pieces. In fact she was my muse for my second entry in the Honky Tonk Hearts series. We met on The Wild Rose Press yahoo loop and again as bloggers on Voices of the Heart, blog for RWA's online chapter, From the Heart. She's got a great series going on right now--suspenseful, humorous in spots, thought provoking in othes. A great combo, if you ask me.

3 comments:

Rolynn Anderson said...

Well, Vonnie, you sweetheart! This is such a lovely surprise, to be nominated for a starry blog! Here you're the queen of bloggers, and I'm still wondering how to place the ding-dang pictures on mine. I'll bite the bullet and accept the stars and follow the rules you laid out. Heck, I'd follow you anywhere :-) Will work on the steps tomorrow. Promise.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Vonnie, thank you so much! What a sweet thing to do for me. I really appreciate your gracious words. Bless you and Calvin and best wishes to you both.

Maeve Greyson said...

You're a true gem, Vonnie! Thank you so much for thinking of me when you were handing out your stars. :-)