My friend Christine Elaine Black nominated me for the Liebster Award. Apparently in German that means loved one, or favorite.
So this award is all about blogging and answering questions and also a game of "tag you're it". I love nominating people for awards and that's why I agreed to play and pick four of my favorite colleagues. So read the rules and the facts and then check out some blog links of other players.
Here are my eleven questions.
Hot and sexy or sweet and romantic?
Can I have hot, sexy and romantic?
Where would you live for one year if you had the chance to take on a whole new culture?
Paris, for sure.
Do you have any talents besides your amazing writing skills?
I’m a great cook, or so my Calvin tells me.
One thing you could change about yourself?
I’d be much thinner. See above answer.
How many children do have or want to have?
I have three grown children (Amy, Steve and Mike) and a step-son Kelly, who falls between Steve and Mike, age-wise.
What were the best years of your life?
These are the best years, by far. I’m with my soul-mate, another published author, who encourages me in my writing. We laugh every day. We grow closer every day. I love my Calvin to pieces.
Favorite author and why?
I can’t name just one!!! I’ll give you the qualities I look for: someone who’s obviously studied her/his craft and can make me laugh, sigh, get angry and cry. Pull me in. Hold me there. Make me yearn to get back to reading the next chapter while I’m moving about the house doing other things and I am yours.
Pizza and beer or Champagne and strawberries?
Pizza and Champagne. What? That wasn’t a multiple choice question?
How often do you visit your hair stylist?
Every two months
Married or single?
In May, we’ll be married 11 years so we’re still in our honeymoon stage. Two senior citizens holding hands wherever we go.
Favorite activity other than writing romance?
Getting hugs from my grandchildren.
I’m nominating these four bloggers: Carolyn Sullivan(Liberty Blake), Dani-Lyn Alexander, Lilly Gayle, and Jill James.
Ladies, here are your eleven questions:
1. Compact, SUV or pickup?
2. What is your favorite breakfast?
3. Do you buy the majority of books off the net or in a brick and mortar store?
4. What was your favorite subject in school?
5. Did you play a sport in school? If so, what?
6. What sub-genre of romance do you write and why?
7. As you’ve studied your craft, what’s been your biggest help? An online course, a book of elements of craft or working with an editor or agent who taught you writing tips?
8. Other than romance, what do you like to read?
9. Do you work outside of the home?
10. What keeps you awake at night?
11. Where’s your favorite place to vacation?