Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Picture Me Naked by Lisa Olech

 
BOOK RELEASE PARTY!!!
 
Oh, I have been waiting for this book to publish--waiting, mind you! You see, dearhearts, I judged the first chapter of PICTURE ME NAKED in a contest a year or so ago and fell in love with it. As a judge, I was bummed to reach the end of the entry. So much fun. So much sizzle. So much Jagger...fans self...ah, where was I? Oh, right...our party today. I was able to scoop Lisa's release and get her to give us a peek at her book.

Tell us, how's life as a new author, Lisa?

"Surreal." Lisa laughs and gets misty-eyed. "I've waited so long."

Oh, darlin', I know the feeling. Let's get this celebration going. Calvin, pop the champagne, would you sweetheart? Pour us some bubbly. Now, Lisa, let me tempt you with some French pastries too. Ladies, please join in on our virtual party. You know we just got back from Paris and Berlin yesterday, so I am still of a French mind. I love how they make every tiny pastry look like a piece of art.


 
It was odd. Every time I stood in front of a bakery window to glance at their assortment of goodies, a woman hurried out and scrubbed off the window. I mean, surely I wasn't drooling that bad. Now, your Australian hero, Jagger, he is most definitely drool-worthy...sigh...
 
"Well, yes, he does have that effect on people." Lisa waggles her eyebrows and laughs.
Now that Calvin has the bubbly poured, let's toast to the success of your book, shall we? May your sales be awesome and every review a positive one. And may there be many, many more books by Lisa Olech. Cheers!
 
"Thanks, Vonnie. Oh, the bubbles tickle my nose."
 
Here, have some goodies, ladies. There's plenty...the guy at customs was so generous in letting me pass through with a few extra things. I think it was my story of how I threw out my back that threw him off his official keester.  Poor fellow did blush...
 
 
"Oh, you could be trouble, Vonnie."

Yes, but it's a good kind of trouble, you understand. More champagne? Will you share your book blurb with us?

 
"Sure. I'd love to."

BLURB:

Z. Z. LAMBERT wasn't born uptight, but someone needed to be the adult. Zee's a "color-inside-the-lines" artist with a hippy mother, a mostly dead grandmother, and a cat named Isabella Rossellini. Add to her life's palette a stunning new life model, Jagger Jones. Is it just her, or does all the air leave the room when he shows up? Good thing he's just passing through. This is no time to fall in love, especially not with her model, no matter how perfectly knee-melty he may be.

Australian JAGGER JONES is a rolling stone. Living with nothing to tie you down takes talent. Posing without your britches is a piece of cake. He's three years into his walkabout with only his dead father's ashes for company.

But Z.Z. Lambert stops him faster than a croc in the mud. Her paintings of him are incredible. She sees past all of his posturing, past the flesh and bone and uncovers his heart. Zee understands the promise he made his father, and comes to love him enough to let him go. But does she love him enough to let him stay? His only other choice is a future without her. And he can't picture that at all.


Ladies, don't you love this cover? I adore it. The cover artists at The Wild Rose Press really are the best, aren't they?

"Yes. I was very pleased when I got the mark-up of it. I think it captures the story so well."

Oh, for sure.  Now, share an excerpt with us, would you please?

EXCERPT:

“Artists, let me introduce Mr. Jagger Jones. He’ll be with us for the next several weeks. Make him feel welcome, shall we? Let’s not frighten him off on his first day.” Did Madeline just giggle? “Jagger, there is a men’s room down the hall, third door on the right. You can change down there.” She tipped her hand and checked her oversized watch. “We appear to be running a bit behind schedule this morning, so if you’d like to get us started, I think we’re ready for you.”
 

“Won’t be needin’ the men’s room, Maddie, darlin’. Can be naked in a blink of your lovely baby
blues.” Jagger smiled at Madeline, dropped a beaten canvas book bag near the model stage and kicked off his sandals.

 
Zee glanced at Leah. She was practically drooling. “Yummy. Don’t you just love his accent?” Leah whispered. “And what a cool name.”
 

“Charming,” Zee muttered, trying to shut out the Australian lilt. She resharpened and organized her already sharpened, organized pencils. Next to her, she heard Leah gasp and exclaim under her breath, “Mercy.”
 

Zee looked back at the model’s dais. Oh... my...Mr. Jagger Jones may or may not be arrogant, but he was a beautiful example of the male form. His tall frame made his physique long and lean, yet his muscles were chiseled and well defined. She only had a view of his backside but it was one of the finest backsides Zee had ever seen.
 

And then Jagger Jones turned around.
 
 
 
Whew!!! Ladies, grab yourselves a fan. Calvin, darlin', open a window would you?

Tell us where we can order a copy. I've got mine on my Kindle already, just waiting for me to get to it. I've been trying to ignore the steam rising from it. I've got mountains of laundry from the trip to wash and fold...still...I could just read a page here and there. Right?

"PICTURE ME NAKED is part of the KDP at Amazon. The link for purchase is --  http://www.amazon.com/Picture-Stoddard-School-Series-ebook/dp/B00FE3QK0C/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1380292602&sr=1-1&keywords=picture+me+naked

 
Whew! We have partied hearty. Lisa, have a fabulous time with your new book.

14 comments:

Patricia said...

Nice cover, great interview, super blurb.
Good luck with your book and your next and the next!
Patti

Lilly Gayle said...

Yum. With a chest like the one pictured on your cover, it's easy to picture him naked. lol! This book sounds like one for the keeper shelf.

Diane Burton said...

Love the excerpt. Yowza! I have got to read this book.

Ashantay said...

Phew! The steam is rising from that cover! Great blurb and excerpt, too. Best wishes for a successful release!

Lisa A. Olech said...

LOVE the champagne, Vonnie!!! Did you know Jagger has a very interesting trick he can do with champagne?!?

Thank you SO much for the party! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!


Lisa Olech

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Oh, Lisa, I have a trick I do with champagne too, but Calvin says I can't tell. He says it's our secret. Glad you're enjoying your party!!!!

Christyne Butler said...

Congrats on your first release, Lisa! Love the cover and the excerpt! Can't wait to read Jagger and Zee's story!

Angela Adams said...

What a great looking cover, Lisa! Congratulations on your book release!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Lisa on your release! Love the cover. Sounds great. Vonnie knows a good story when she sees one and always throws on hell of a party! :)

Unknown said...

Sorry to arrive late to the party! Lisa, congratulations on your new release. I can't wait to read Jagger and Zee's story. They're in my Kindle - goodness knows what they're up to in there - I have a feeling some clothes may have been dispensed with! Enjoy your bubbles - cheers!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mackenzie Crowne said...

V, honey, could you have Calvin pour me a double? I'm feeling a little overheated.

Lisa, mega congrats, my friend! I can only come up with one word for your cover, title and excerpt. "I need to get me some of that!"

Crap, that's like seven or eight words, but daaayuuum! They're true. "Naked" is already on my kindle. Can't wait to slink off and lock myself away with Jagger.

Lisa A. Olech said...

Thanks everyone! I really hope you love Zee and Jagger as much as I loved writing them!! Angela Anderson did do an amazing job on my cover! I pray she signs on for all the covers in this series!

Imagine what she'll do with book two. It's about a sculptor and it's called Rock Solid!! Now, where did we put those fans!?

So glad all this heat isn't taking the bubbles out of my champagne! Any more of those french pastries, Vonnie? Yummy!

xoxo
Lisa Olech

LaVerne Clark said...

Oh, I'm not too late am I? We've just gone into daylight savings time here and I've lost an hour (and what feels like my mind!) Thank God for your excerpt and cover, Lisa. Wowzers!! That woke me up. I feel the need to make a trip to Amazon. Congratulations on a fabulous debut!! :)