Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Romance Writer Rachel Brimble is a Soft Rock Chick

I've got British romance writer, Rachel Brimble, visiting today. Rachel and her husband, who she affectionately calls Mr. B. and their two young daughters live in a small town near Bath in the UK.  After having several novels published by small US presses, she secured agent representation in 2011. In 2012, she sold two books to Harlequin Superromance and a further three in 2013. She also writes Victorian romance for Kensington--her debut was released in April 2013 and she has since signed for three more.


Rachel is a member of the Romantic Novelists Association and Romance Writers of America. When she isn’t writing, you’ll find Rachel with her head in a book or walking the beautiful English countryside with her family and beloved black Lab, Max. Her dream place to live is Bourton-on-the-Water in South West England.

1. Rachel, which do you enjoy writing the most? Historical or contemporary? Explain why. 

I enjoy writing them equally for different reasons – my contemporary work is all set in the same fictional UK seaside town of Templeton Cove and I love going back there and revisiting the characters. The Cove is a real place to me and the fun mixed with suspense is a joy to write, I can’t imagine creating a new setting any time soon.
 

For my historical work, it’s the research and opportunity to travel back in time and feel as though I am writing a British period drama. I see my historicals very clearly as I write and become quickly immersed in a time gone by. Right now, I only write Victorian but hope to bring that forward to the Edwardian era soon.

 

2. Is there a book eating at your mind, in another genre perhaps, that you'd love to write? 

Not in another genre – I write contemporary romance, romantic suspense and Victorian romance…which is more than enough to juggle! Having said that, I have started a new single title romantic suspense, which will be darker than anything I’ve written before. I am very excited about it…especially because the writing is going easier than anticipated. Well, at least for now it is! 

3. What types of music do you enjoy the most? 

I’m an 80s soft rock chick! Give me some Heart, Def Leppard, Bryan Adams or Journey and I’m a happy girl J 

Rachel’s latest release is book three in her Templeton Cove series – here is the blurb and buy links for What Belongs To Her…available now!
 

She's ready to take back what's hers.
Since the moment a local crime boss claimed ownership of her family's fairground, Sasha Todd has dreamed of righting the wrong. Now it's time to act, and backing down from the man's estranged son is definitely not an option. After all, giving up her legacy to hot-blooded John Jordon means losing the chance to finally heal the wounds in her past.
Stopping John in his tracks—and resisting the sizzle between them—is Sasha's best defense. But there's more to him than she thought, which changes everything. With what matters most at stake, she'll have to risk a brand-new future with John, or walk away from the man whose heart belongs to her. 

Buy Links: 



 
Our guest likes nothing more than connecting and chatting with her readers and fellow romance writers. Rachel would love to hear from you! 

Links:

 



 

2 comments:

Angela Adams said...

Hi, Rachel...I'm a Journey fan myself. Best wishes with your new release!

Rachel Brimble said...

Hi Angela & Vonnie!

HUGE apologies for my absence yesterday - I am thigh deep in revisions right now and on top of running the kids here, there and everywhere I completely forgot about my appearance with my girl, Vonnie *hangs head in shame*

Here now and will be back later!

Glad to have another rock chick join me, Angela :)

Rachel x