Thanks so much, Vonnie, for hosting me today.What is your life like away from the computer? Tell us something about your household. Jazzie, my cat, wants to know if you have any kitty-pusses.
We don't have any kitties. We're both allergic, but I enjoy our friends' cats for short periods of time. We live in an urban area and walk to just about everything. If we can't walk, we try to bike. Hubby and I are both avid snorkelers, and we enjoy vacationing on the Gulf of Mexico.
What authors and genres do you like to read?
- Gosh, I'll read just about anything. Right now I'm reading a paranormal romance and a contemporary cowboy. Favorite authors right now are J.R. Ward, Nora Roberts, and Linda Lael Miller. But I'll go on kicks where I'll read everything an author has ever written.
Do you enter writing contests? If so, has this been a positive experience for you?
- Yes, I entered my cowgirl novella, One Taste of You, in the Passionate Ink's Stroke of Midnight contest, and I'm a finalist! The winner will be announced at the end of the month. So, yes, it has been a positive experience for me;-}) The contest allowed me to read the three judges' comments, and it was interesting to see one perfect score, one very high score, and one lower score. I think scores vary so much because judging is subjective. Two judges loved my manuscript, and one did not. But we don't write to please everyone, we write for a particular market.
What is one of your most embarrassing or laughable moments?
- I met Peter, a writer-friend's husband at her book release party. Then a week later at our chapter's holiday gathering, I bumped into him again. I quickly used the name-remembering trick of picturing what his name represented, and said, "Hello, Dick." He turned a little red, and said, "You erotic romance writers are always coming up with synonyms, aren't you." Oops!
Oh, too funny, Randi. What are you currently working on?
- I'm outlining and researching another book for the Cowboy Kink line at The Wild Rose Press. It's about a bull rider and a nanny, and the most fun part is talking to a friend who was a bull rider when he was younger. The stories he tells!
- Coffee, black. Favorite color is red. TV show - hubby and I are addicted to Hawaii 5-0, mainly because of the scenery. Oh, and the hunky guys, too (that's my addiction, not Hubby's!) Favorite actor is Hugh Jackman. Funny movies, definitely. Flip-flops! I don't listen to music when I write. I have a fan spinning for white noise.
Tell us about your current release. I've read it, you know (fans self). Poor Calvin never knew what hit him. **wink**
- I'd be glad to! Chase and Seduction was just released from The Wild Rose Press Wilder Catalog in the Cowboy Kink line. Here's the blurb:
Country music superstar/actor Chase Tanner has yet to be denied anything–and he’s never wanted anything or anyone more than gorgeous screenplay writer Reno Linden. So when the film they are working on is finally finished, Chase decides to turn up the volume on seducing Reno.
Reno Linden lived a quiet, rural life until she was thrust into the Hollywood scene when her book was adapted to film. Chase Tanner is larger than life, sinfully sexy and hell-bent on getting her into bed. Skittish after a failed wedding engagement, Reno risks the plunge into Chase’s arms, and is surprised that her good girl self can keep up with bad boy Chase.
Though Chase returns to his cowboy roots often, and Reno cherishes the time spent with him on his ranch, the two find their careers pulling them in different directions. Will their attraction survive the glitz and stress of fame?
Here's an excerpt for over 18 only, please.
Reno sensed his presence before he got close.
“She’s got the curves, and I got the nerve, to take her for my own,” Chase sang, coming up behind her.
She started to turn, but he grabbed her around the waist and pressed himself against her ample backside, swaying them both to the music. His chest felt rock-hard against her back, and his big arm pressed up against the bottom of her breast. His hips ground into her butt.
Too many people were staring, nudging each other, and grinning. Breathless from the embarrassment, her head started to spin. And, weak woman that she was, she shook with lust. God, how she wanted this man. He was pure temptation, and her hands itched to grab his thighs and give him a wicked grinding in return.
But she snapped back to reality just in time.
He was coming on strong. Strong enough to make her wish she could get her friggin’ moral compass to point another direction, just for one naughty night.
The band’s lead guitarist started a blaring, wailing solo on stage, which drew people’s attention away from her. Chase bent his head and said into her ear, “My trailer. Ten minutes,” then released her and walked away.
She nearly fell backward. His trailer. Alone with him. A chill of desire shuddered through her, puckering her nipples into tight points, and forcing blood down low to swell her tingling, needy lips. She wanted to lie on his bed and watch him kiss a path down her body, settling between her legs, his cowboy hat brushing her thighs as his tongue flicked…
“Oh, no you don’t,” she whispered. What was she thinking? If she had a car here, she’d leave the party now. How else could she avoid temptation?
To celebrate the release of Chase and Seduction, I'm giving away, to one lucky *commenter, an e-copy of my novella Her Cowboy Stud. Just leave a comment today and we'll choose a winner tomorrow. *Commenter must be 18 years of age or older to win.
I'm also giving away a cowgirl hat to one subscriber to my newsletter. For more details, and to sign up for this contest, please go to my website, RandiAlexander.com And while you're there, you can read the first chapter of Chase and Seduction.
Good luck, and thank you!
Buy Chase and Seduction at The Wild Rose Press Wilder Roses