Welcome to the Cowboy and Lawmen Blog Hop!
I was nine when we got our first television set. It didn't take long for both my parents and me to become captivated by Clayton Moore's role as the Lone Ranger. And of course, we loved his trusty side-kick, Tonto.
On the television show, the Lone Ranger:
- Never killed anyone.
- Never kissed the girl.
- Never shot to kill, only to disarm.
- Never drank, cussed or smoked.
- Never accepted reward money.
- Never showed his face to anyone but Tonto.
- Always upheld a moral code.
- Always respected the rights and beliefs of others.
- that to have a friend, a man must be one.
- that all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.
- that God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.
- in being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.
- that a man should make the most of what equipment he has.
- that 'this government of the people, by the people, and for the people' shall live always.
- that men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.
- that sooner or later...somewhere...somehow...we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.
- that all things change but truth, and that truth alone, lives on forever.
- in my Creator, my country, my fellow man.
Tell me who your first cowboy crush was and leave your email address to be eligible for the Grand Prize of $100. gift card for Amazon or Barnes and Noble, your choice.
** YOU MUST PROVIDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO BE ELIGIBLE. **
I'm giving away a copy--paperback or eBook--of Storm's Interlude, my contemporary cowboy romance, to one lucky winner.