Blog by VONNIE DAVIS -- International, Award-Winning Romance Author: Adventurous...Humorous...Amorous.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

"Mona Lisa's Room" is a Double HOLT Medallion Winner!

I am so toe-curled happy I can barely think. I just received word that MONA LISA'S ROOM is a double HOLT Medallion Winner. Mona won an award of merit in both the Romantic Suspense and Best Book by a Virginia Author categories. I wasn't sure how readers would enjoy a suspenseful run through the streets of Paris, but the characters wouldn't leave me alone until I wrote their story. My heroine travels to Paris to celebrate her 40th birthday and unwittingly foils a bombing attempt in the Salon de Carre which houses the famed Mona Lisa. Alyson is put into the protective custody of French counterterrorist agent, Niko, who is ten years her junior. From that point on, they are on the run from the diabolical Red Hand terrorist group, whose macabre calling card is a hand print of their victim's blood.

2 comments:

Sharon Buchbinder, Romance Author said...

So happy for you, Vonnie!! Congratulations!!

xoxo

Sharon

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Thanks so much, Sharon. I am over the moon. Whoot!